July might be the middle month for summer vacation, but August, at least in Texas, is when the temperatures are at their highest. In an effort to keep cool and stay calm here are 10 ways for us all to enjoy the dog days of summer.
10 Ways to Enjoy the Dog Days of Summer
1. Eat some ice cream. Or lots of ice cream. Mason Jar Ice Cream Floats and Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches are favorites at our house.
2. Eat some freezer pops. According to my children they are even more fun if you eat them in a lightsaber freezer pop holder.
3. Go swimming. This is course a perennial favorite. We don’t have a swimming pool at our house (and our downtown apartment didn’t have a pool either). So I’m really happy to have discovered Hawaiian Falls and their family friendly water park. There are age appropriate attractions for all the kids and everyone leaves happy. With several pools in the Dallas/Fort Worth area we’re hoping to try them all.
4. Or head to a splash pad.
5. Cool off inside with a movie. You can also pair the movie with the ice cream.
6. Read a book. By the pool or in the air conditioning. Readers choice. Then make some really fun book crafts.
7. Visit a museum. The kids love the science and history museums. I’m also a big art museum fan.
8. Eat lots of watermelon. Or a watermelon cake. Truthfully, I’m not a big watermelon fan. Though my kids are. I will however go for the watermelon cake.
9. Make a craft with Kool-Aid. And drink some while you are crafting.
10. Make some beach inspired food or crafts.
And a bonus, make some dry shampoo. I think dry shampoo is a summer time necessity.
How are you enjoying the dog days of summer? Let me know if I missed any of your favorite ways to keep cool!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.