Looking for the ultimate fall food? It’s these Fried Cinnamon and Sugar Apple Rings
Fried Cinnamon and Sugar Apple Rings
Apple Rings Batter
- 2 large apples
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- oil for frying
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare the batter. Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Then add the buttermilk and egg.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat (approximately 350 degrees).
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- Dip the apple rings into the batter and place in the heated oil. Fry the rings a few at a time, turning them to brown on both sides.
- Once the rings are fried move them to the plate with the paper towels.
- Dip apple rings in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and coat evenly.
- Place on a wire rack to cool (just enough to eat).
- They taste best warm!
And the batter can easily be doubled (tripled, or more!)