Stuffed French Toast takes your favorite classic French toast over the top! Classic French Toast, stuffed with chocolate hazelnut, and griddled to perfection. This decadent Nutella French Toast is a sweetly satisfying breakfast dish that is perfect for a weekend brunch.
Can you say delicious?! If you love french toast, this recipe needs to be a regular on your menu.
Nutella Stuffed French Toast is a delicious twist on your favorite classic breakfast. The sweet chocolate hazelnut filling is a delightful surprise in the center of a thick slice of French Bread. You can top your french toast with fresh berries, homemade whipped cream and warmed maple syrup, or endless other options option.
This easy Nutella French Toast is the best way to wake up in the morning. Plus, with one simple trick, it’s easy to make perfectly stuffed French Toast every time. Takes breakfast to the next level with a sweet, satisfying, and decadent dish that’s easy enough that anyone can make it.
Stuffed French Toast Ingredients
- Ground Cinnamon
- French Bread
- Maple Syrup
How to Make Stuffed French Toast
The secret to perfect chocolate hazelnut stuffed French Toast is frozen discs of Nutella. The first step for making this breakfast recipe is spreading spoonfuls of Nutella on a piece of wax paper and placing it into the freezer. These frozen hazelnut discs will get slipped into the thick slices of French Bread.
Cut thick slices of French Bread using a bread knife, and then create slits in each of the pieces of bread. Whisk together all the eggs, milk, vanilla, and ground cinnamon.
After the Nutella is frozen, place a chocolate hazelnut dish into the French Bread. Dip the French Bread into the milk and egg mixture and place on a hot griddle to cook.
Cook the French Toast on each side and then serve with the toppings of your choice! The Nutella is perfectly stuffed into the center of each piece.
Stuffed French Toast also makes a great breakfast for the holidays or for when you have guests because you can keep them warm in the oven while you are cooking and serving.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Try this Easy Cinnamon Roll Casserole!
- 6 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 1.5 inch slices of French Bread
- Cooking Spray
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Spoon Nutella into small discs onto a sheet of wax paper. Nutella discs should be slightly smaller than slices of bread. Place in freezer until solid
- Slice French bread, cutting a slit into each piece.
- In a shallow bowl mix together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Place one frozen Nutella disc into each piece of bread.
- Dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- In a skillet or on a griddle cook bread in hot butter, or spray with cooking spray, over medium heat. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Add more butter or cooking spray if needed.
- Serve warm. If desired serve with maple syrup, whippped topping, fresh berries, or another favorite topping.