May the 40th be with you! How to host an adult Star Wars birthday party
Does your family love Star Wars? Do you celebrate Star Wars day on May the 4th? If you’re a Star Wars, and turning 40, then this is the birthday party for you. May the 40th be with you!
When I turned 40 I knew that a Star Wars May the 40th Birthday party would be something my whole family would love. (Another fun family friendly adult birthday party is hosting a Great British Bake Off Birthday!)
How to Host an Adult Star Wars Themed Birthday Party
We decorated, everyone wore a Star Wars shirt, there was Star Wars themed food, and even a Star Wars playlist.
Star Wars Food
Instead of trying to make food look like Star Wars items, create a menu full of puny Star Wars food names.
- Han-burgers – Hamburgers
- Porg Chops – Pork Chops
- Jar Jar Links – Hot Dogs
- Obi Wan Kebabi – Fruit Kebabs
- Darth Taters – Fried Potatoes
- Seven Leia Dip – Seven Layer Dip
- Wookie Cookies – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yoda Soda – Green Sherbet Punch
Yoda Soda (Green Sherbet Punch)
- 1 tub of lime sherbet
- 1 2-liters of lemon lime soda (but you should grab two at the store)
- Spoon sherbet into a punch bowl.
- Pour 1 2-liter of lemon lime soda over the sherbet. (When the punch starts getting low you can add the second 2-liter.)
- Stir and serve! A ladle works great for serving.
For the Wookie Cookies you can use whatever you favorite cookie recipe is. I’m partial to chocolate chip cookies, and you could also throw in a handful of peanut butter chips with the chocolate chips.
You could also make a Star Wars pie!
Star Wars Playlist
You definitely need some theme music playing during your Star Wars 40th Birthday party! While there is the obvious choice to play the soundtracks from the movies, there are also some additional songs you can throw in. Here are some of our favorites:
- “The Sage Begins” by Weird Al
- “Yoda” by Weird Al
- “Seagulls” by Bad Lip Reading
- Cantina Band
- The Imperial March
- Star Wars Main Theme
- Rey’s Theme
- The Rise of Skywalker
A commemorative 40th Birthday shirt with Darth Vader on it and a Rey inspired hairdo seemed appropriate attire for the party theme.
All the guests wore their favorite Star Wars t-shirts and we took a big group photo together which was fun.
May the 40th be with you at your Star Wars birthday party!
Looking for more Star Wars ideas? Celebrate with all of these Star Wars crafts and recipes!