I’m going to go out on a limb. I’m going to say that there is one desire that I am fairly certain unites an overwhelming majority of the population. And that is a desire to save money.
Direct Energy is the energy company that wants you to buy less of what they sell…Really!
Direct Energy has been working harder and thinking smarter to provide tools and technology consumers can use to understand their energy usage and #LiveBrighter.
Here are 5 more ways to Live Brighter that also won’t break the bank.
1. Take a walk. Get some exercise and soak up some vitamin D. Have the kids collect sticks (or rocks/leaves/feathers/etc) during the walk. They can bring a special collecting bag, or just fill their pockets as you go. When you get home they can use their walk collection to make a craft. We made a twig ball with sticks collected from our walks.
2. Game Night. Have everyone sit down and play a game together. Good for a night with the family, friends, or both. Bonus: Make a delicious treat (games are better with snacks).
3. Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Before you throw something away, think if it could be used for something else. We turned empty nail polish bottles into mini bud vases.
4. Do something for the animals in your neighborhood. Like making these DIY cookie cutter bird seed feeders. They make the birds happy, and they will look great hanging from the trees in your yard.
5. Write Thank You Notes. A surefire way to brighten someone else’s day? Sending them a thank you note.
To help save money on your electric bill Direct Energy has introduced a brand new “Direct Your Energy” tool, the ability to “Direct Your Plan” and their Plenti points program.
With Direct Your Energy, the days of receiving that bar graph with no meaning in your energy bill is over! Direct Your Energy has a new system that allows you to track your energy usage (with heat maps, a breakdown by appliances, and more) and also gives you insights that spell out what your energy costs actually mean. Once your Direct Your Energy, you can create a DIY energy bill with “Direct Your Plan”. It gives you the ability to create a custom energy plan tailor-made for your lifestyle and family.
Speaking of saving money, now through August 15th you can receive a $75 pre-paid gift card when you sign up with Direct Energy. Just use promo code LIVEBRIGHTER75.
Kim Croisant says
I hear ya on that. Love the bird feeders. We’ve made some in the past and the birds just loved it. Here’s to saving money!!
Weekends Count says
As a mom who works outside of the home, I value all of the time that I spend with my little one and these activities will definitely help us make our weekend count with our preschooler. We especially loved the “Bird Seed Feeders”. Great, simple idea that helps your neighbors with wings and a beak!