This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are mine alone. #ChosenByKids #TheList
Just a heads up, there are 10 shopping weekends left until Christmas. Insert panic here.
Lucky for you, and me, I was part of a group of bloggers invited to get a sneak peek at the top holiday toys this season. And I have to be honest, I’ve been dying to spill the beans. I got to attend a 3-day gifting extravaganza in July with Walmart. There were rooms filled with the latest and greatest toys and gadgets for the holidays. And now I get to give you the inside scoop. Here are my top Gifts for Boys for 2015.
1. Nerf Rival Nerf guns are a perennial on the kids birthday and Christmas wish lists. But this year Nerf is upping the game with the introduction of the Nerf Rival. You’ll immediately notice that these toys shoot high-impact foam rounds, rather than the darts you see with many other Nerf guns. These blasters are targeted to older kids with an age range of 14+.
2. Voice-Command Auldey Sky Rover IR Helicopter Remote controlled toys have a tendency to be harder to operate than anticipated. No more with the voice controlled Sky Rover. The hands free control responds to 12 different voice commands including backward, forward, rise, fall, turn left, and turn right. The helicopter comes with a rechargeable battery and there is also a handheld controller. Best for ages 8+.
3. Fisher-Price Imaginext Ultra T-Rex This toy is impressive. He fires a variety of projectiles including 2 boulder launchers and he has a projectile claw. Standing at 2/12 feet tall he also has LED lights in his eyes and spikes, and he makes chomping sounds when his mouth opens and closes. Good for ages 3+.
4. 3DIT Character Creator Molding Machine I love the idea of a toy that you get to create yourself. And that’s exactly what you do with the character creator molding machine. Completely customizable, with a multitude of color options and graphics. Ages 7+
5. Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage Finally, a garage big enough to hold all the cars! But it’s way more than just a garage. It has tracks for the cars to race down, there are elevators, ramps, and more. Just don’t let your car get eaten by the shark! Ages 5+
6. HoverTech Battle FX This fun toy combines flying and target shooting in one toy! The HoverTech Battle FX uses sensors to dart and spin on it’s own while you take aim and try to blast it from the sky. Comes with three different play modes, you can play by yourself or with friends. Ages 8+
7. Project Mc2 Ultimate Lab Kit While Project Mc2 is made up of all girls, both girls and boys can benefit from a toy that’s all S.T.E.A.M. driven (Science-Technology-Engineering-Art-Math). Conduct experiments at home and with friends. And when you’re done, store all the science pieces in your lab bag. It even includes a working microscope.
8. Games Scrabble Twist and Twister Moves Get your body and mind moving with some fun games. Scrabble Twist shows you five letters at a time and you try to find as many words as you can with those letters. Tap and twist to store each word before you move on to the next. And you can play solo, turbo, or party mode (up to 8 players). Twister Moves also features solo play or you can challenge a friend (up to 4 players). Start with beginner and work up to the Freestyle levels. Both are Ages 8+
9. Crayola Cling Creator We’ve got lots of windows and I know my kids would have a blast creating their own repositionable clings. With the Crayola Cling Creator you can use molds or create your own (clay to make molds is included). You can even create multi-colored clings. Ages 8+
10. LEGO Dimensions All of your favorite Lego characters, all in one game. Now honestly, you probably had me (and my kids) with the word Lego. But being able to combine LEGO worlds in seriously awesome. And because it’s LEGO you get to build everything, which starts with the Gateway itself. Once you’ve built the Gateway, remember in this game more is better. Bring up to 7 characters, vehicles, and/or weapons into the game simply by putting them on the LEGO Gateway. Play LEGO Dimensions alone or with a friend. Switch between available characters. Unlock new building directions by completing tasks in the game. Cars can be taken apart and rebuilt into something else. Then expand your game by purchasing additional expansion packs. Use items and characters in whatever combinations you can imagine. Ages 10+
Those are my Top Gifts for Boys this holiday season, and you can find them all at Walmart!