Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and that means it’s time for a fiesta! Celebrate with this refreshing Passion Fruit Mango Margarita Mocktail
If you’ve never tried passion fruit, you are missing out. Thanks to my husband this tangy and sweet flavor has become one of my favorite flavors.
My husband lived in Brazil for a couple of years and came home with an affinity for passion fruit. When we were dating I searched out a Brazilian restaurant where we had a passion fruit dessert, one of my first experiences tasting passion fruit. Already a fan of citrus desserts, passion fruit was a new flavor that I instantly enjoyed.
I’ve been playing around with a few passion fruit recipes recently, and realized that it would be the perfect base for a slushy margarita mocktail! Sweet, tangy, cold, and delicious. That’s the perfect combination for a drink fit for a fiesta.
Frozen Passion Fruit Mango Margarita Mocktail
- 1 1/2 cup passion fruit concentrate
- 12 ounces frozen mango slices
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Several cups of ice
- Garnish: sugar or salt, mango or lime slices.
- Want to make it a cocktail instead of a mocktail? Add 1 cup of tequila or orange liqueur.
- Place the passion fruit concentrate, frozen mango slices, lime juice, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Add plenty of ice, blend until the ice is crushed and smooth. The margarita should have a creamy slushy consistency.
- Moisten the rims of the glasses with a slice of lime and garnish with sugar or salt, according to your preference. (I garnished mine with a chili lime salt!)
- Serve the margaritas immediately garnished with mango or lime slices.
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
While a great drink is a requirement for a Cinco de Mayo themed fiesta, you obviously need some good food, too.
Chastity from A Cowboys Life blog whipped up these Mexican Chicken Flautas that were scrumptious. Visit her blog for the recipe!
She also put together this Mexican Bruchetta. Fun and flavorful, it would make an excellent appetizer for your summer parties.
Any good party needs some DIY decorations! Shannon from Everyday Best is sharing How to make paper flowers! Go check out her blog for the full DIY details.
With a drink, entree, appetizer, and decorations you’re ready for a party!
Gather some friends and host a fiesta with a pitcher of Passion Fruit Mango Margarita Mocktails.