Breakfast might be my favorite food category. Breakfast requires breakfast food: cereal, toast, pancakes, eggs, etc. No leftover pizza slices or food that would usually be considered lunch or dinner food. But I am perfectly happy eating breakfast food for lunch or dinner. Because of my affinity for breakfast I typically have a well stocked assortment of breakfast foods, because options. I like my weekday morning breakfast options to be quick and tasty. So I was happy to discover some things I can make ahead the night before so they are ready to eat in the morning. Brand new to that list is this Pomegranate Chia Pudding.
If you’re a little intimidated by purchasing a pomegranate and then having to get the seeds out yourself, I actually bought a package of pomegranate seeds in the prepared foods area at my grocery store.
Of course the chia pudding is good for more than just breakfast. It also makes a great afternoon snack, or even dessert. I’m enjoying mine while I work on my latest cross-stitch project. Now if I could only stop singing ch-ch-ch-chia in my head while I eat my pudding.
Pomegranate Chia Pudding
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (whole, almond, whatever makes you happy)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fresh pomegranate seeds
- In a large bowl (I actually used a mason jar) mix chia seeds, milk, honey, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon together. With the mason jar I shook the ingredients for a while after I stirred them.
- Let the mixture chill in the fridge overnight in the refridgerator
- Serve topped with fresh pomegranate seeds