We followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole and to Summerfest at Gaylord Texan. We met the Queen, who graciously did not behead us. And I got a selfie with Alice herself.
While this Queen of Hearts is more benevolent than the story book version she does ask her subjects to give her a bow or curtsey. She’ll give you a demonstration if you don’t know the proper technique.
We went in the evening to see the ‘Breaking Through The looking Glass‘ 3D visual light show. Also in the evenings you can catch the “Light Up the Night” party with light up items and activities throughout the atrium.
The older kids and I really enjoyed the 4D Wonderland Adventure Maze. You wear 3D glasses while walking through a maze filled with 3D artwork depicting Wonderland. Watch out for the mirrors!
How is this for a fun little flashback? About 8 years ago the Gaylord also celebrated Summfest with Alice. At that time a good family friend was playing the White Rabbit and we had gone specifically to see him. A little comparison to the older White Rabbit not he left and the current White Rabbit on the right.
Every trip to Wonderland requires some dessert, I think the Mad Hatter would insist. We enjoyed mini cupcakes, cake balls, and giant cookies.
Speaking of the Mad Hatter, he was absolutely fabulous. Definitely the kind of host I want at a tea party.
In his honor I thought I would try a rather unique kind of truffle. These are Key Lime Cheesecake Dark Chocolate Truffles. Yep, it’s a mouthful. But your mouth will be pleased when you take a bite of one of these truffles.
Key Lime Cheesecake Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup key lime pie filling
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips melted (chocolate was measured before melting)
- Dark chocolate melting chocolates (for dipping)
- Beat cream cheese until softened.
- Add key lime pie filling and powdered sugar, beat until combined.
- Add melted white chocolate and beat for 3 minutes.
- Place mixed cheesecake filling into freeze. Freeze until firm, or overnight.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out filling into round balls.
- Dip filling into dark chocolate. Place on parchment paper and allow to harden.
- Store in refrigerator.
These truffles were a tad bit messy, but of my were they delectable. I think the Mad Hatter would be pleased.
Want some more Alice in Wonderland inspired treats and crafts?