1. Another one bites the dust. Ranger, my rather large orange cat, has a nasty habit. He likes to chew on charging cords when he’s hungry and his food bowl is empty. Today he mutilated the cord that I thought was charging my tablet. Cord is plugged in, but not charging. And there are bite marks all over it. He has destroyed countless phone charging cords, ear buds, even the power cord for my husband’s laptop. So this is also an expensive habit. His second favorite thing to chew on? My plants. He has also killed a few of them.
2. It may still be July but I am daydreaming of fall knitting. I’ve been perusing the yarn aisles and making lists for this years shop inventory. A fresh style of fingerless gloves is in the works. My favorite slouchy hats will be back in some fun new colors. All things owl will make their return. I’m excited to start knitting full force. Is there anything in particular you’d like to see in the shop this year?
3. Speaking of fall and crafts, and FYI for my local crafty friends. Applications for this years Cowtown Indie Bazaar are now open.
4. June was all about camping. July is about spending summer a little closer to home. I promised the kids weekly outings. We’ve been to the aquarium, Legoland Discovery Center, ridden the Forest Park Train, and played at Chuck E. Cheese. We’ve also spent plenty of time at our favorite parks. Up next? Some serious pool time. It’s suddenly gotten very hot where we live.
5. I am not emotionally prepared for back to school shopping. When I was at the store last week they were getting it all set up. Littlest starts Kindergarten this year and I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea. Also, this is the twins last year of middle school. Next year they go to high school. I can’t wrap my brain around that either.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.