This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeHolidayJoy #CollectiveBias
Give a burst of Joy this holiday with a gift basket filled with the scents of the holidays and homemade Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
November is all about giving thanks and being appreciative. And it’s the perfect time for small acts of kindness. I’m creating Joy baskets this November that I can drop off to a friend (or friends) who might need one. The holidays can be stressful and everyone would appreciate a token of gratitude filled with items that will make holiday entertaining easier. My baskets are all going to contain a Glade® limited edition holiday scent as well as some homemade goodies. These Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies are the perfect pairing for the Glade® 3.4 oz Small Jar Candle in Happy Glow™ an Apple Cinnamon Scent.
November and December are filled to the brim with holiday events, both attending and hosting. When it’s your turn to host you want your home to look, feel, and smell like the holidays. With 3 boys at my house I love that Glade® is here to help with smelling like the holidays. And why I thought a basket of thoughtful treats for a holiday hostess was a great way to spread some Joy. My Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies are a twist on the classic snickerdoodle, but adding in some grated apple to make it a little more magical.
Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large apple, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt.
- Fold in the shredded apple.
- In a small bowl combine the 4 Tbsp sugar and 4 tsp cinnamon. Drop spoonfuls of dough into mixture.
- Place cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Cookies will look puffy when done. Remove from baking sheets and allow to cool.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies
Once my cookies were baked and cooled I could start putting together my gift baskets. I used a 12×12 sheet of scrapbook paper and folded it to make an origami box to hold my cookies. Then I slipped the box into a clear plastic bag and tied a gold ribbon around it.
I was able to get the ingredients for my cookies and the Glade® holiday products all at HEB. The Glade® holiday scents were all in a convenient display at the end of the aisle. Make sure to look for the Shazam logo on in-store displays and packaging. With the Shazam app you can use the image recognition on packaging, displays, and signage in-store to access music and video content.
I’m hoping my gift baskets filled with treats and Glade® holiday scents inspires their recipients to deck the halls for a joyous extravaganza with friends and family. And that it takes away a little of the stress that you get from needing to go shopping and prepping for hosting. I tucked in a handmade scarf and a good book into this basket. A little bit of joy for the holidays and for when the party is finished.
And while I was picking up gift basket goodies for friends I also made sure to get a bottle of Glade® 8 oz. Room Spray in Merry Fun™ a Vanilla Scent for myself. With unexpected guests it’s good to have plenty on hand