I seem to have caught a cold. Now, I’m very happy that I didn’t get sick during December, when all the rest of my family had a cold. I was much too busy to be sick in December and I think my body knew that. Mind over matter or something.
However, now the holidays are over and apparently it’s okay to get sick now.
But I hate getting a cold. Feeling under the weather so you don’t really want to do anything. But not so lousy that you feel justified laying in bed all day.
So today’s musings, in list form, are brought to you by my daytime cold medicine.
1. I want to throw myself a non-birthday birthday party next month. I’m thinking either a book swap or an accessory swap. Similar idea. Bring books/jewelry you are no longer reading/wearing and trade them with friends for something new to read/wear. Any unwanted items at the end of the night could be donated. Whichever party idea doesn’t get used for my birthday I’d like to do in the summer.
2. I finally bought new 2015 planners. One for my blog and one for homeschooling. I’m trying to get things planned more than a week (or sometimes day) ahead of time.
3. The guys at the pizza place know me by name. When I walk in they smile and grab my order. I never have to wait in line. There are perks to being a frequent customer. We don’t have to talk about how frequently I visit.
4. After yesterdays football game I am in the midst of the 5 stages of football grief. The local news station provided some lovely graphics (that you can see here). I’m currently still somewhere near denial. However, this year was supposed to be a terrible year for my team (according to the experts). And they exceeded my wildest expectations. And they are my hometown team so no matter how they do I will always be a fan.
5. The most popular item from my shop this year seems to be the owl gloves. In fact I’m sending out a few more pairs of them this week. Following closely behind the owl gloves? My owl hats. I’m really glad that I’m in good company with my owl love.
And there you go. Happy Monday everyone!