This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnuggleUpMoments #CollectiveBias
With our move last fall, our new apartment doesn’t have a washer and dryer in our individual apartment. But there is a laundry room in the building. And I have quickly learned that with myself, my husband, and three kids, I can actually do our laundry faster in the laundromat than I could when I had a washing machine and dryer. Here are my best laundromat tips, and I’ll tell you what I’m doing with that extra time I saved!
- Sort your clothes before you go. I put each load into a separate container so they are ready to go into the washing machine right away.
- Get stains out right away. Do all your stain pre-treatments when they happen or before you go. Once again, the clothes are ready to go into the wash and it’s one less thing to carry with you.
- Choose an off-time to go (if possible). I’m able to use my laundry room in the middle of the day. Then I can wash multiple loads at once and I’m in and out in no time.
- Read the directions. Check all of the settings on the washers. The person before you might have been washing a small load of whites in hot water, but you’re washing colors and need cold water. My machines reset after each use, but some don’t. Know where all of the detergents, bleach, etc. go. Last week there were notes all over my laundry room because someone was putting their detergent in the wrong compartment on the washing machines and caused a huge mess.
- Bring enough baskets to carry home your clean clothes. You can quickly fold your laundry when it’s done and then lay any hanging clothes on top. And grab some plastic garbage bags to cover said baskets in case it starts raining. You’d hate to ruin perfectly good clean clothes by getting caught in the rain.
- Bring the correct form of payment. My laundry room uses cards and has a machine where you use cash ($5, $10, and $20 dollar bills) to purchase new cards or reload existing cards. Your laundromat might take quarters. However you pay, make sure you bring the right kind.
- Use a laundry conditioner to show your family, and your clothes, how much they mean to you. I picked up Snuggle® Ultra Blue Sparkle fabric conditioner and blue iris bliss® Snuggle Scent Boosters® both at Sam’s Club. The blue iris bliss Snuggle Scent Boosters come in easy-to-use single packs, perfect for taking to the laundromat. And they provide your family’s clothing with long-lasting scent, making laundry stay fresh longer and feel softer to the touch. Make sure to follow the directions on the package and loosely pack clothing in the washer when using Snuggle Scent Boosters to ensure all garments receive a long-lasting scent boost!
- Set a timer. Make sure you’re ready when your clothes are. Especially if you leave while your clothes are washing/drying, you want to be there to get them out when they are ready.
You can find great savings on featured Snuggle® laundry conditioners in this month’s March Instant Savings Book at Sam’s Club. Make sure to check your Instant Savings Book for exclusive savings.
When I can wash all of our clothes quickly in the laundromat it makes more time for Snuggle-up moments with my kids. There is nothing like grabbing a freshly washed blanket and curling up together to read a book before bed. And when we’re that close I’m thankful for laundry that stays fresher longer and feels softer to the touch.
What laundromat tips do you have to share? Let me know in the comments!
Are you a Snuggle lover looking for more opportunities to interact with the brand? Join the Snuggle Bear Den – it’s FREE!
Jenna Wood says
We have a shared laundry room at our condo and our fellow neighbors are no so kind. These are definitely some great tips I’ll be using though! I always forget to check the temperature settings when sharing a washer/dryer! #client
Annika Larson says
Being a college student recently moved out, it can be a hard transition going from mom washing all your clothes to washing them in the nearby laundromat. Let’s just say, I really appreciated your tips for the laundromat. The idea about bringing garbage bags to place over clothes in case of rain is absolutely genius. Thank you so much for sharing! This information will be so helpful!