Thank you Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups for sponsoring this post. Grab yourself a bowl and celebrate National Soup Month with me!
It’s simple to make these Easy Cheesy Breadsticks that pair perfectly with a bowl of soup!
When the weather outside is frightful there is just one thing I want for dinner–a bowl of warm soup. We are having a particularly cold winter this January, so that has meant lots of soup nights. And soup nights just got a bit easier with Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups.
Considering how cold January can be, it makes perfect sense that it is also National Soup Month. I love a good piece of bread to go with my soup, and one with some cheese is even better. That’s why I love making easy cheesy breadsticks– the perfect compliment to any soup night.
It’s easy to make a tray of cheesy breadsticks while you are warming up one of the four delicious varieties of Idahoan Steakhouse Soups: Loaded Potato, Creamy Potato, Cheddar Broccoli and Cheddar Potato.
Roll out the pizza dough, top with cheese, and bake, all while your soup is bubbling away on the stovetop. Idahoan Steakhouse Soups give you the flavorful, slow-cooked taste of restaurant-quality soup at home, in just five minutes.
The breadsticks take about 12 minutes to bake; pull them out when they are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Then use a pizza roller or knife to cut them into breadsticks–perfect for dipping and eating with your soup.
Idahoan Steakhouse Soups bring together real, red Idaho® potatoes with flavorful seasonings and rich cheeses to provide a creamy taste in every spoonful – all you have to do is add water. For our family soup nights I make a few different varieties and let everyone pick their favorite flavors. Almost like a soup bar!
Easy Cheesy Breadsticks
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 (13.8-ounce can) refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried, crushed basil
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a work surface with cornmeal. Roll out pizza dough into a rectangle, the same size as your baking sheet. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter and garlic salt.
- Brush butter mixture over pizza dough.
- Leaving a 1/2 inch border sprinkle provolone, mozzarella, and Parmesan over the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle basil on top of the cheese.
- Place dough in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve immediately.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.