Thanks to Skinner® pasta for this collaboration to share a great pasta dish for entertaining!
Hosting friends and family for dinner? This Pasta Carbonara dish is just 5 ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make! It gets even better when you add a little Texas twist.
Pasta just makes me happy. It’s one of my favorite dishes to cook because it’s easy to cook and it’s always a crowd pleaser. And in the summer I love that I can make an entire dish on the stovetop without turning on the oven. When it’s hot outside I need a meal that won’t heat up the kitchen and can be on the table quickly.
Let’s just say that with three kids we eat pasta several times a week. Especially if I happen to be making Pasta Carbonara.
And I just found a way to make that pasta even more fun. With Skinner® Texas Shape pasta. I mean, how fun are these? So call up your friends and family because it’s time to host a dinner party and wow your guests with this pasta.
This dish is also perfect for parties because it’s quick to make, which gives you more time for enjoying your guests. Which, wasn’t that the point of the dinner party in the first place?
Start by cooking your pasta. Any variety of Skinner pasta will do but this Skinner Texas Shape pasta really is fun. Bonus, it’s really fast to cook. Like 5 minutes. While the pasta is cooking you’ll combine the freshly grated parmesan cheese and eggs.
Skinner Pasta is enriched and has earned Non-GMO Project Verification on its most popular pasta products, including the Texas Shape pasta.
While your pasta is cooking you’ll also be cooking your bacon. Once the bacon is fully cooked I like to add in a few cloves of minced garlic, but that’s optional. However it is highly delicious.
When the pasta has finished cooking you drain it and toss it with the egg and cheese mixture. Then toss it with the bacon. Garnish with a little parsley if desired. This is a dinner party and the flecks of green really give it a polished look for how quickly it was to make. I call that a pro tip.
You could also make the Pasta Carbonara with traditional Skinner spaghetti pasta. It’s equally delicious. Or make both, we like options. Depending on how many guests you have, Skinner is budget friendly and you can easily double the recipe to make enough to feed everyone who you can fit into your home.
Texas Pasta Carbonara
- 12 oz Skinner pasta
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesam
- 8 oz thick cut bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to the package instructions. When pasta is al dente reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and Parmesan together. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until brown and crispy. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Turn off the heat and put the bacon and garlic into a large bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the egg mixture and then add the diced bacon and toss. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add reserved water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Skinner has a variety of pasta products available including the spaghetti and Texas shape that I used. But they also have fettuccine, elbows, and penne, plus options like dumplings or video mediano. With all those choices Skinner is not only perfect for weeknight meals but for special occasion dishes as well. Visit skinnerpasta.com for a variety of Skinner pasta products and recipe ideas.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Skinner® pasta.