This post is in partnership with Cost Plus World Market. Ready for holiday entertaining? Wow your guests with a Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake with ingredients from World Market #worldmarkettribe #discoverworldmarket #ad
The weather turns cooler, the leaves change colors, and I dream of pumpkin food. Pumpkin cookies and cakes. Pumpkin flavored drinks. Give me all the pumpkin treats.
Pumpkin pie is a favorite at our house. And it’s not just for Thanksgiving. My husband has requested that I make him pumpkin pie for his birthday cake. But this year I’m trying something new. I’m combining my beloved pumpkin pie with another favorite, cheesecake. This Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is going to be perfect for serving all year long.
I’m making a special Bahlsen Leibniz Butter Cookie crust for my pumpkin cheesecake and I’m decorating the top with mini Bahlsen chocolate cookies. You can get the cookies and other baking products at Cost Plus World Market! I picked up mine at the store in Arlington.
I crushed enough cookies to make 1 1/2 cups of crumbs, and then I combined those crumbs with sugar and melted butter. The crumb mixture got pressed into the bottom of a springform pan and placed in the oven.
While the crust was doing a short bake I made the cheesecake filling with cream cheese, sugar, flour, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, salt, and eggs.
When my mixture was ready I poured it over my butter cookie crust.
The cheesecake gets baked for 45 minutes. But then, to prevent the crust from cracking, you turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 2 hours. This gives the top a beautiful finish.
After those 2 hours you can remove the cheesecake and let it finish cooling. Put it into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours for it to get firm.
Enter for a chance to win a trip for 2 to the famed Christmas Market Festival in Germany! Grand prize includes: Airfare for two (2), hotel, city excursions, dining and more. $1,000 World Market gift card also included. Three (3) First Prizes: $500 World Market gift card. Enter online: www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com Sweepstakes ends 9/29/17
I decorated the top of my pumpkin cheesecake with two varieties of Bahlsen mini chocolate cookies. I put Bahlsen Leibniz Milk Chocolate Waffle Minis in the center and around the edge. I alternated the edge decorating with Bahlsen Leibniz Minis Chocolate cookies.
Then it was ready to serve! I love the scalloped edge on the Amelie Cake Stand. And I placed the stand in the middle of a Mixed Metallic Leaves Wreath. The wreath perfectly compliments the warm colors of the pumpkin cheesecake. And since it’s a wreath it makes serving a snap when all you have to do is put the cake stand in the center!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Bahlsen Leibniz Butter Cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the ingredients for the crust. Press firmly into bottom of springform pan. Bake crust for 10-12 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Mix in the flour.
- Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Pour filling into springform pan.
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave cheesecake in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool completely.
- Place cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, until firm.
- Decorate with Bahlsen Leibniz Minis Chocolate, serve, and enjoy!
Shop This Post – Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Bahlsen Leibniz Butter Cookies
- Bahlsen Leibniz Minis Chocolate
- Bahlsen Leibniz Milk Chocolate Waffle Minis
- Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin Puree
- Ivory Amelie Cake Stand
- Mixed Metallic Leaves Wreath
- Nonstick Springform Pan
Love Thanksgiving desserts? You might like these 10 Thanksgiving dessert recipes!
Yummy, i love all and everything pumpkin! Oh my gosh, it just looks so pretty.
Mrs Major Hoff says
Perfect for the fall! I can’t wait to give this one a spin! Thanks!