Be my Punny Valentine! Take your favorite Valentine’s Day puns and turn them into embroidered Valentine’s for family and friends.
I don’t know about you, but I love a good pun. And there seem to be plenty of them when you’re thinking up sayings for Valentine’s Day.
- Bee Mine (a stick of honey)
- I love you a latte (coffee beans)
- You blow me away (candles)
- I “chew’se” you (a stick of chewing gum)
- We are mint to be (peppermint)
- You complete me (puzzle pieces)
- You light up my life (matches)
- You rule (ruler)
And the two that made the cut for my Embroidered Valentines were ‘cute as a button’ and ‘you are a gem’.
Cute as a Button
Cute as a button was the first hoop that I made. It easy to stitch both the lettering and the buttons on an embroidery hoop.
Since the hoop is for Valentine’s Day I picked all red buttons and stitched them in the shape of a heart.
You Are a Gem
My boys are obsessed with Minecraft, so this hoop is for them. I knew they would think the diamond gem was fun. I stitched the lettering and then hot glued the gems on top.
Want to make your own embroidered valentines?
What are your favorite Valentine’s Day puns?