This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EnterTheWonderVault #CollectiveBias
Hosting a family movie night? Make OREO cookies part of the family routine! Serve them with this simple homemade Vanilla Pudding recipe
During the school year we wake up at 5am on weekdays. That’s when I get Youngest Twin up and he starts getting ready for his zero hour class. As hard as it is for me at the end of each school year to say goodbye to my kids teachers that I have grown to admire I really look forward to later mornings.
And those later mornings also allow for later nights for the kids. Bedtimes are adjusted for the entire family to allow for additional evening activities. Last night we stayed late at my parents house playing board games. At least once a week we stay up late together to watch a movie. There is magic in the evenings and a time to bond.
Summer also gives me time to find some quiet Mom moments. And those quiet moments are even better with OREO.
A variety of flavors means there is a flavor that everyone will like. I found my OREO sandwich cookies at my local Kroger. Find your local Kroger/Kroger Family of Stores to get your OREO sandwich cookies.
There’s nobody who’s more in the know than a Kroger mom, and in 2017 she’s getting inside access to the Kroger OREO Wonder Vault to discover everything OREO. She’ll find the info she loves to share when she Explores the OREO Wonder Vault. Keep an eye out for the OREO Wonder Vault and MILKA OREO Chocolate Candy Bar store demonstration live at participating Kroger grocers 6/15-6/18. Demos will present Kroger-exclusive recipes, information on the newest OREO flavors, Limited Edition varieties, the new MILKA OREO Chocolate Candy Bar, fun facts about the history of OREO and Kroger, and much, much more.
Life just wouldn’t be as “Wonderfilled” without OREO sandwich cookies. And now with the BOGO deal, both kids and mom can enjoy an OREO treat. Buy one Wonder Vault flavor OREO and get a free MILKA OREO Chocolate Candy Bar at Kroger grocers; offer valid 6/14 – 6/20.
Have you tried the OREO MILKA Chocolate Bar yet? It’s Crunchy bits of OREO + Crème Filling + Rich MILKA Chocolate Candy.
Once your have your OREO cookies it’s time to get ready for family movie night! Here are my top 5 tips for the perfect family movie night
- Plan Ahead. Make it a monthly or weekly activity. Put it on the calendar.
- Pick the movie. Take turns picking the movie. And decide on the movie beforehand. That way everyone can be looking forward to it! And there’s no last minute disappointment if the movie you want isn’t available.
- Location, location, location. While we normally have movie night in the living room sometimes we switch it up with movie night at Grandma’s. Or movie night in the backyard.
- Get Comfortable. Have enough pillows and blankets. Maybe let everyone watch in their pajamas. Get comfy so there won’t be a lot of moving around and readjusting during the movie.
- Prepare your snacks. I picked up three different varieties of OREO sandwich cookies at Kroger including OREO Red Velvet, OREO Cinnamon Bun, and OREO Birthday Cake. And OREO Salted Caramel will be available 6/17/17. I also made some homemade vanilla pudding.
I’m serving my OREO sandwich cookies alongside my homemade vanilla pudding.
Homemade Vanilla Pudding Recipe
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt.
- Scald the two cups of milk. Gradually add scalded milk to flour mixture. Place over medium heat and cook until thick, stirring the entire time.
- Add egg yolks, stirring quickly.
- Cook about two minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla.
To dress up my movie night snacks I put the OREO sandwich cookies on a tiered tray and served my vanilla pudding in pretty glasses. Just a a little extra in a new way that brings the family together. Have plates for everyone to pick their 2 OREO cookies serving size.
Everything is set for family movie night! How will you enjoy quiet moments with OREO?