Except I messed it up. Instead of spray painting I used regular paint and the black bled under all my letters. So I had to rethink my plan. I painted the whole thing black with my paint and let it dry overnight. And I went and bought some spray paint. This afternoon I added a layer of black paint spray over the whole thing. Then I restuck the lettering and sprayed the whole thing off-white and waited for it to dry.
Because of all the layers of black when I took the new letters off they pulled some of the black up. Which, thankfully, I think looks really great!
Then I scuffed up the edges
And here we are!
I’m hanging it up in the twins room as a reminder to them that I believe that they can do things, even when they are difficult.