This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetNewYear #CollectiveBias
Between craft show event planning and my college graduation, my health goals got a little sidetracked last fall. But the new year is the perfect time to recommit. And it’s great when you can get the whole family involved. I’m cutting down our sugary drinks and sweets and opting for something healthier this year.
With kids I consider it a challenge of sorts to sneak in some extra fruits and veggies wherever I can. This breakfast, or weekend brunch, idea contains several. Starting with the zucchini bread.
You’ve probably thought of using a sweetener product in drinks before, but have you ever tried baking with them? It’s more versatile than you might think. I’m using Truvia Spoonable instead of sugar for my zucchini bread to help with reducing sugar in our diets. And it tastes great. Just remember, 3/4 teaspoon Truvia Spoonable provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar.
Wet and dry ingredients are mixed separately before being combined. Then they are ready to go into the prepared baking pan.
We let the bread cool just slightly before slicing into it.
I picked up my container of Truvia Spoonable at Walmart, along with the other ingredients for the bread and smoothie. SAVE $1.50 on any ONE (1) package of Truvía Natural Sweetener (excluding 7 ct.), Truvía Baking Blend or Truvía Brown Sugar blend.
Fresh fruit is wonderful in the smoothie. Once I bring the produce home from the store I wash it, chop it up, and put it into resealable bags in the freezer. Then I don’t need to add any ice to my smoothie and the fruit is ready for blending when I am.
Fresh fruit, milk, and 1 teaspoon of Truvia Spoonable go into the blender for our smoothies. The lid makes it easy to measure of pour whatever amount of sweetener I need. You can request your own free sample of Truvia Natural Sweetener.
It’s a good start to the day when you breakfast has fruits and vegetables.
Once you’ve made my Zucchini Bread and Tropical Fruit Smoothie, be sure to check out other great recipes here.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Truvia Spoonable
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- Prepare a loaf pan by greasing the sides and then set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg
- In a second medium mixing bowl combine the Truvia Spoonable, shredded zucchini, vegetable oil, and egg.
- Add the dry mixture to the zucchini mixture.
- Fold in the pecans or walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack.
- Wrap and store any leftovers overnight.
Tropical Fruit Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen fruit (strawberries, pineapple, and banana)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp Truvia Spoonable
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until combined.