Who knew the sweetest apple could be made from a mason jar?! This fall enjoy a Painted Apple Mason Jar
Red, green, yellow, even pink, everyone at my house has a favorite apple. Some like sweet apples, some prefer tart apples. I kind of love that one fruit has so many options. I, however, have possibly found my new favorite apple, but this one isn’t edible.
Fall and back to school conjure lots of apple images. An apple sitting on a teachers desk. Trees full of fresh apples. Sadly, no apple trees in Texas, but I do love when apples are in season and seeing mounds of them at the grocery store.
While we love eating fresh apples, and I love baking with apples, now I have an apple that will never go bad. This painted apple mason jar is easy to make and only takes a few supplies
Painted Apple Mason Jar
- Mason jar with lid
- Craft sticks
- Green felt
- Red paint
- Green paint
- Hot glue/Super glue/Craft glue
- Twine (optional)
Start by painting the outside of the mason jar red with acrylic paint. Paint the mason jar lid (both parts) green.
While the paint is drying you can cut out your green leaf from the green felt and work on making your apple stem. I used some craft sticks, cut into 2″ long pieces. I wrapped some twine around the sticks to keep them together.
When the paint is dry glue the ‘stem’ and the green felt leaf to the top of the mason jar lid.
I thought it would be fun to fill my apple with some treats. Because the outside of the jar is painted in acrylic paint the apple mason jar is not washable. So I knew my treats needed to be wrapped. I made a batch of peanut butter and honey bites and then stored them in a resealable plastic bag inside the jar.
Peanut Butter and Honey Bites
- Peanut butter
- Pretzels (waffle or twist shapes)
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Divide pretzels in half.
- Place a dollop of peanut butter on top of half the pretzels. Press a second pretzel on top.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 20 second bursts. Stir between bursts. Repeat until mixture is smooth.
- Dip each pretzel sandwich into melted chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles while chocolate is still melted.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- Store in airtight container (like your apple)!
Don’t forget to attach a cute note to your apple like:
- Have a bushel
- You’re the apple of my eye
What can I say, I really like puns.